Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Ms. Layman: Questions and Answers


Ms. Layman: Questions and Answers
By Tyra

For my interview project, I took the time to interview Ms. Layman. Ms. Layman works at Lewis Elementary School as our fun P.E. teacher. I wanted to interview Ms. Layman to ask some questions and get the answers. I did! To begin my project, I had questions on my Chromebook prepared to talk with her. he was excited because she has never done an interview before. My teacher, Mr. Mark, got me a recorder but it wasn't working so I just did the questions on my Chromebook. Most of my questions were about what she does in the school and they were good questions to talk with her about.

How did you get your job?
I went to school and then I did practice teaching. I worked at many different schools around Portland. Then I began teaching at Lewis.

How long have you been working at Lewis?
That is a difficult question. As a real P.E. teacher, this is my second year full time. I worked two years part time. So that's four. For about five years, I was the adapted teacher for the building. That’s about nine years in all.

Did you always want to be a P.E. teacher?
Yes, I always wanted to be a P.E teacher.

How do you know so many games?
I go to a lot of conferences that other P.E. teachers are at and we share games. I have a book that knows a lot of games in it. Sometime kids learn new games at summer camps and they teach me how to play those games, because sometimes they are good.

How do you get the stuff for games
?
I go to Goodwill and I like to go thrift shopping to find fun stuff. A lot of it is bought through PTA funding. Some of the equipment I use I buy at the store and some is stored at Jefferson High School. I borrow stuff from other P.E. teachers.

What is your favorite sport activity?
My favorite sport activity is going downhill skiing but I don't go very often, every other year or so. I like it because it feels like I'm flying.

What is your favorite yoga move
?
Oh, I like downward dog because it is fun to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment